Marine View Law & Escrow

Condominiums And Homeowners Associations

At Marine View Law & Escrow, I provide legal representation to condominium homeowner associations (associations) and to condominium owners (homeowners). I am attorney Renee Roman and my representation covers a wide range of issues that may arise for both associations and homeowners. If you are on the board of an association, I can provide answers to questions that you may have regarding your role, and the authority and responsibilities you may have as a board member.

Daily Operations
I can assist associations with their day-to-day operations. I am happy to be of assistance to association boards with answers to day-to-day operations questions, frequently by phone or email. In addition, I can also review contracts that the association may be considering, prior to execution, in order to protect the association and individual homeowners.

Governing Documents
Associations and homeowners are governed by rules and regulation, procedures and policies, that are embodied in a large number of documents. I can help you interpret these documents. Marine View Law & Escrow can assist you so that you understand the association governing documents, and how the rules apply it to a situation that may be facing your association, or you as a homeowner. In addition to reviewing and interpreting your documents, I can also revise or amend your documents, whether the changes are minor or more complex. I can also provide the initial governing documents for a new association.

Document Enforcement And Compliance
I provide assistance to associations if they have a homeowner who refuses to abide by the rules that govern the association, despite warnings and fines that may have been issued. I can provide associations the tools they need to resolve conflicts in the early stages in an effort to resolve the matter without legal action, but can take the necessary steps to ensure compliance and protect your association. If legal action is necessary, I will make every effort to pass the costs of legal action on to the noncompliant owner.

Assessment Collections
Most times, associations have to deal with the burden of homeowners who do not pay the assessments in full or on time. I can work with the association to ease the stress of having to collect from delinquent homeowners. Delinquent homeowners can cause many problems for associations, including negatively impacting their ability to adequately provide for associations and its homeowners. Collecting assessments that are past due can be very difficult, but here at Marine View Law & Escrow, I can work with the association to collect past-due accounts. In addition to assistance with collections, I can also work with the association to implement procedures that may help to eliminate future delinquent accounts.

Liens And Foreclosure

If a homeowner fails to pay any assessments or dues, the association should act immediately to record a lien with the county. In the event that a lender decides to foreclose the homeowner's unit, the association will more likely be contacted regarding such foreclosure. If a notice of trustee's sale is sent to the association, the association should promptly mail the trustee a letter regarding the assessment owed. In the event an association decides to foreclose on a unit, at Marine View Law & Escrow I can assist with such foreclosure, whether it is a judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure. Contact my office for more information.

I Can Speak At Your Next Board Meeting

I speak on a variety of topics that may be of interest to your association. Please contact my firm if you would like me to speak at your next association meeting.

Contact Marine View Law & Escrow, P.L.L.C.

I provide a confidential consultation to all new clients. To arrange a meeting, email me or call my office at 206-701-6564 or 877-449-4819.