King County Mortgage Modification Lawyers
If you are considering a refinance or modification of your home loan or considering other methods of avoiding mortgage foreclosure that do not involve a bankruptcy filing, our experienced Des Moines attorneys can help.
As your lawyers, Renee Roman and Darcel Andrel Lobo are dedicated to providing practical, lasting solutions to your basic legal and financial problems — and a problem doesn't get any more basic than the need to keep your family in your home rather than surrender it to an aggressive mortgage lender. We are your advocates — responsive to your needs, resourceful with our solid recommendations and ensuring maximum availability to our expertise throughout the legal process.
Contact us today to arrange a confidential initial consultation and find out more about the many ways we can help.
Marine View Law & Escrow: Dedicated To Solutions For Your Legal Problems
Your legal options in responding to the threat of mortgage foreclosure include:
- Selling your home — to preserve your credit score and produce room in your budget for other investment needs and goals
- Refinancing — to a fixed-rate mortgage from an adjustable rate mortgage, though a down payment may be necessary and your credit rating must be good
- Loan modification — in which a lender is amenable to putting missed payments onto the back end of a loan while remaining mortgage payments are made, reducing or fixing your interest rate, extending the term or through a forbearance
- Debt settlement repayment plans — in which an arrearage amount is divided into twelve equal parts and repaid over a period of one year, or a lump-sum payment of one-half of the past-due amounts goes to the lender, with an increase in the monthly mortgage until the balance is paid in full
- Short sales — when a buyer attempts to purchase your home for less than what is owed on the mortgage, it requires agreement from the lender, releasing you from liability but leaving possible tax implications behind
- Deed in lieu — a return of your deed to the lender in return for the lender's agreement to full satisfaction of the loan, releasing you from any further liability
Contact our skilled Seattle foreclosure and bankruptcy lawyers to learn more about alternatives to home foreclosure. Call toll free to 877-449-4819 or email us.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.